Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

My Favorite Spot to Craft

Once a week or so, I have a few hours of free time to spend in downtown Houston. I usually head to my favorite spot in Hermann Park, where I read, think, and crochet with plarn. Yesterday, I thought to take my camera.

This is my favorite spot. I sit in the cool shade and enjoy the breeze coming off the water. In the background is the Texas Medical Center.

The view from my spot. There are usually a few paddleboats on the pond, but the day was winding down by the time I took this picture.

These guys (and a few seagulls, and squirrels, and turtles) keep me company while I work.

Here's the project I was working on yesterday. I think this is going to be a new diaper bag. My last one (also crocheted from plarn) wore out from several years of heavy use. I didn't toss it, though--I unraveled it and used the good sections of plarn to finish another project. Plarn is really easy to unravel and re-use.

Do you have a favorite spot to work on your craft?

No comments: