Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Washing Bags


I love to work with plarn, that is, plastic yarn, made from plastic bags. The thing is, I use cloth bags when I shop (at least, as long as I don't forget to bring them), so the majority of the bags I use for crafts come from recycling bins or friends' collections, meaning...I don't know what's been in them. I hate the thought of handling bags that have held raw chicken (ugh) so I feel like I ought to wash them.

The washing part is easy (machine wash, delicate cycle, with a squirt of dish soap), but drying them is more challenging! They can hang on the line for hours and still have droplets inside...I can go back and turn them all inside out and re-hang them, but that's tedious work. :) Still looking and hoping for an easier solution.

No comments: